Friday, November 27, 2009

Promises

In my life, I had made many promises. Many which I didn't bother keeping when I was younger. I had forgotten since when I realize how depressive it gets when you're disappointed, but it was since then I try my very best to keep all the promises I make. I don't simply offer promises nowadays, unless I have a certain amount of confidence that I'm capable of keeping it. Today, I can say with pride that I take promises as something very precious, especially when its made to people that are important to me.

I would like to dedicate a small part of this entry to my very dear friend in Australia (If you're reading bro, yes, its you ^^) I'm very touched that he remembered to buy me the chocolates that I asked him to get for me at the beginning of the year. He even got the flavors right. At first I didn't give much thought to the request. But now I feel kinda "happy" (A feeling very much welcomed these days). I can't acutely describe how I'm feeling right now, but its pleasant. To know that someone somewhere had taken his word for you seriously to heart, enables me to embrace the thought that I'm not such a meager existence. At least, there is one more person that remembers me, and its not on a whim. Thanks bro.

Yes, I do remember some of the promises I made along the year, to a certain someone that is important to me, up till now. She may have forgotten all bout it, think that I don't intend to keep it, or simply doesn't care bout it anymore. But here I pledge my words to God himself; I do remember, I do care, and I intend to keep it, whether you care or not. And THIS, is a promise to myself and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment