Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Packing up...

Men had started recording time before they could even speak properly. From etchings on cave walls we had moved to Tag'heurs on our wrist. Progress. Development. Discovery. A dawn of new eras had took place over and over again. Here I am today, approximately less than 72 hours before the arrival of the first millennial decade, yet blank in the mind. Of sad cases, this is one of them.

As I did not escape the tendencies practiced by normal men, I inch towards the end of 2009 holding a handful of sweet and bitter reveries, sorting them out randomly. As I turn my back to the precipice of an annual turnover, I, too, is deeply impressed by the miracles time can bring upon a person. Honestly, this had been one congested year, figuratively and literally, mentally and physically. But its within my desires today NOT to revere bout my tragic nor epic, I'm much inclined to post a more constructive entry for the sake of future reference.

In an analogous sensation, I'm anticipating New Year just as much as I did for Christmas Eve. For me, New Year brings along with it the joy of celebrating my dad's birthday as well. And since a few years ago, I've been given the delight to cook up a storm on such an occasion, specially for my family. So here's a note for myself: no matter where I am, what I've become, what I did, I'll still have a very supportive and reliable dad to count on. Knowing he's there gives me strength and reason to live, and I will not make it here today without him. I will remember that I promised not to make him worry, and hopefully proud of me one day. I WILL bring this resolution to 2010. I swear.

Everyone's talking about new year resolutions. Personally, I believe it is over-rated. You people can check my priorities anytime at the side of my blog. Instead, I believe it to be much more important to check up on determinations regarding unfinished businesses. Throughout the year, on occasions where nothing is out of the ordinary, I've made resolutions on a whim. To me, its better to realize how much of it I've accomplished, not lengthening the list.

For a downtrodden, good for nothing spoiler like me, New Year is nothing but another check point in life. One step nearer to the end. It marks the line where I separate failure from success. Therefore, what I have in the respective boxes for 2009 is the most important things I need to bring over to 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment